Tennessee Insurance Protects Your Finances
From Memphis to Nashville to Knoxville, Tennessee has a lot to offer its 650,000 residents. Known for Memphis BBQ, country music and the Great Smoky Mountains, The Volunteer State is an attractive place to call home.
We can compare hundreds of insurance companies, coverage options and rates to find you the right policy, at an affordable price.
Independent Agents vs. Captive Agents
A captive agent can only offer you insurance for the one company he works for. The company may be strong in the kind of insurance you want, and may offer a good price, or it may not. You’ll never know if you don’t compare their quotes to other coverage options and quotes.
On the other hand, an independent agent can compare hundreds of different insurance companies, coverage options, and policy costs. This enables you to make comparisons and choose the best coverage at the lowest price. When you get your Tennessee insurance quotes, you’ll be confident that you compared a wide range of options and found the coverage you needed at the most affordable price.
Imperium is an independent agency. We work for you, not for an insurance company.
Tennessee Car Insurance Protects Your Car on the Road
More than one thousand people died on the roads of Tennessee in 2012. Driving can be risky, but it is important to manage the risk as much as possible. Car insurance enables you to protect yourself and your vehicle from liability claims, property damage, and bodily injury.
Most states require some type of liability coverage, and Tennessee is no different. Liability insurance protects you if you cause an accident and others are injured, die, or have property damaged. Tennessee requires the following minimum coverage limits:
- $25,000 for one injury or death
- $50,000 for all injuries or death
- $15,000 for property damage per accident
Even though these minimums are legally required, most financial experts advise motorists to carry increased limits and some additional coverage options. Other recommended coverages include:
- Collision: This protects you if your car is damaged in a collision that is not your fault.
- Other than collision: This covers your car if it is damaged by an event other than a collision. Includes falling objects, hail, theft, vandalism and running into animals, such as deer.
- Uninsured or underinsured motorist: This covers bodily injury to you and damage to your vehicle, if you’re in an accident caused by another driver without insurance, or whose insurance does not cover the full extent of the damages.
Tennessee Homeowners Insurance Covers Home and Property
Sixty-nine percent of Tennessee residents own a home. If you’re one of them, your house is likely your most valuable asset. So make sure you have a sound homeowners policy that covers all your risks.
It may be time to review your existing coverage, or to purchase new coverage, if you are in the process of buying a home. Here are the primary homeowner coverages you need to have in place:
- Property damage coverage: This protects the structure of your home, garages, sheds, and other outbuildings on your property.
- Contents: This covers the contents of your home, including furniture, appliances, electronics, computers, jewelry, clothes and other personal belongings. If you have high cost items, such as jewelry, fine art, or rare collectibles, you may need a separate policy or endorsement for the items.
- Liability: This protects you from lawsuits and liabilities that result from accidents in your home or on your premises. It pays your liability claims if you’re held responsible for the mishap, and provides legal defense costs if you have to go to court. Your liability coverage can only protect you up to the limits set on your policy, so it is a good idea to purchase as much liability insurance as you can afford.
Typically, homeowners insurance covers fire, strong winds, hail, broken pipes, and burglary, but does not cover disasters like earthquakes or floods. You’ll need to purchase a separate flood or earthquake policy if necessary. Some houses in TN are located in the special flood hazard zone, which makes flood insurance a necessity. But no area is safe from flooding, so it is a good idea to purchase coverage if possible.
Tennessee Business Insurance Protects Your Business
Nearly 550,000 businesses operate in the state of Tennessee. If you’re a sole proprietor or part of a multi-owner group, you need to protect yourself and your business assets with Tennessee business insurance.
Here’s a quick overview of some of the coverage options you may need:
- General liability: This protects you and your business from lawsuits and third party liability claims. It provides legal defense costs and pays liability claims, up to the limits of your policy.
- Professional liability: This insures you against “errors and omissions” in your professional duties. It includes unintentionally negligent work that leads to a client’s financial loss.
- Property damage: This covers your business property in the event of damage, theft and vandalism. You can also add an endorsement for equipment and tools. It includes office buildings, warehouses, garages, and storage facilities, as well as the contents of the buildings.
- Commercial vehicle: This protects the vehicles you use for business purposes, as well as the drivers. It is similar to personal car insurance but designed for commercial vehicles and fleets of vehicles. It includes trucks, vans, cars, and other specialized vehicles.
- Workers compensation: All Tennessee employers with five or more full or part-time employees are required to carry workers compensation. This coverage pays your employees medical expenses if they are injured in a job-related activity. The coverage also pays some lost wages if the workers cannot return to work.
- Business owners insurance: Designed for small to mid-sized businesses, this policy bundles general liability, property damage and business interruption insurance together. Normally, you can receive discounted rates when you buy these as a package.
- Umbrella liability: This provides you liability coverage over and above the limits of your other liability policies, in case you face a liability that exceeds the limits of your insurance.
We can find the specialized coverage types you need, from the right companies, and package them into one customized policy at the best price.
Tennessee Life Insurance Helps the Ones You Leave Behind
Life insurance is one of the most important investments you’ll ever make for your family. In the event of an early death, it provides for your loved ones in your absence. Life insurance can help your family maintain the same standard of living, pay for your children’s college expenses, and pay off your home mortgage.
Life insurance comes in different forms. The one you choose depends on what you want to accomplish. You may need an inexpensive term life policy, which lasts 20-30 years and provides a death benefit to your family if you pass away during the term. Or you may wish to lock in a steady rate with a permanent life insurance policy, which accrues cash value, and pays a guaranteed death benefit, even if you live to be 100 years old.
No matter what your life insurance goals may be, now is the best time to get started, as rates increase with age.
Protect Your ATV with Tennessee ATV Insurance
Tennessee is filled with great places to get off the road and ride your ATV. Whether you’re rolling through the Smokey Mountains or twisting and turning on your own acreage, riding an ATV is risky. So make sure you have the right ATV insurance to cover your 3-wheeler or 4-wheeler.
Similar to car insurance, here’s what a typical ATV policy covers:
- Collision: This covers damage to your ATV caused by running into other vehicles or objects.
- Comprehensive or other than collision: This covers damage to your ATV caused by non-collision events, such as falling objects, theft, vandalism, or running into animals.
- Liability: This covers injury or property damage to another person.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist: This covers injury or property damage caused to you or your ATV by an uninsured or underinsured motorist.
Find the Tennessee Insurance Quotes You Need
Imperium Insurance can help you compare hundreds of insurance companies, coverage options and rates to find the insurance you need at a price you can afford.
Contact us now for Tennessee insurance quotes tailored to your budget.